Thursday, September 22, 2005

Boy Racers

If I were to write a list of my pet peeves, these things would come high. Very high in fact. When I am walking down the street, I do not want to see some guy in a bright blue car tearing up the road. I especially do not want to listen to the techno music that is invariably thumping out of his car and making the pavement vibrate. And no, neither does anyone else.

Nor do I want to hear the sound coming out the exhaust, especially when the exhaust is probably bigger than the car itself. I can't fathom why people see a car, strap a monstrosity to the underside, and over-rev it. Loudly. Nor can I understand why they enjoy having their eardrums strained by the same three notes of a techno beat. Maybe they think that when veryone looks at them drive by, they believe everyone thinks they are cool. Maybe they can't actually hear what's being shouted at them. I don't know.

If you're going to buy a car, fine. If you're going to drive it around, fine. Just make sure everyone in a 3-mile radius doesn't know about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pulkit K. said...

I agree with everything. These little teens who think they're cool and that driving in such a manner has never been done before. Just, stop!

CAPE said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Whats worse than boy racers are those peopel on mopeds, there either going at 30mph or 0mph, which is bloody dangerous when your trying to croos the road at school finishing times.